As stewards of the Utah State Capitol, the Capitol Preservation Board (CPB) and its staff are responsible for the daily operations of the Capitol Hill Complex. The mission of CPB is to preserve the Utah State Capitol for current and future generations to use and enjoy as a symbol of Utah state government, and maintain its regard as a great national historical monument. An estimated 200,000 people visit the Capitol each year for business, events, and tourism.
The Capitol Preservation Board is now accepting applications for an exciting, full-time position: Event Set-Up Assistant
Event Set-Up Assistant
The Utah State Capitol hosts over 4,400 scheduled events annually, and is seeking a Set-Up Assistant to ensure high quality functioning for Capitol Hill Complex Events. If you are a hardworking person who is punctual, can function independently and pay close attention to detail, this could be the position for you!
As the Set-Up Assistant, you will:
- Assist to set-up and remove tables, chairs, podiums, garbage cans and other needs for various events held on the Capitol Hill Complex
- Assist with the coordination with janitorial cleaning of event spaces and equipment
- Use and understand diagrams of set-up needs
- Lock and unlock event spaces
- Assist to inventory, inspect, and repair event equipment and Capitol furniture
- Assist in the recycling program, including the collection/removal of paper and plastic from drop off bins
- Assist the Curator to hang artwork and set-up display cases
- Report and record set-up time, equipment use and janitorial time for events
- Coordinate with vendors on the loading/unloading of rented equipment to ensure protection of facilities and grounds
- Assist with front-office duties, such as answering phones, assisting visitors, and other requests as needed