Visitors Center Office Hours
Closed on state holidays
Capitol Building Hours
Saturday, Sunday, and holidays: 8am–6pm
The Visitor Services Center will not offer docent led tours December 10, 2018 through January 2, 2019. Please enjoy a self-guided tour during normal business hours; brochures are available at the desk located by the east doors of the Capitol.
- Tours begin on the hour from 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday–Friday, with the exception of state holidays.
- Groups of under 10 people are welcome to drop in without a reservation.
- Scheduled groups, which are often school groups, do have first priority. Please understand that if you drop in for a tour, you may have to join a group that has reserved a tour time, depending on the size of the group and volunteer availability.
- Our tour curriculum is designed for audiences 4th grade (ages 10) and older. At this time, we do not offer a guided tour for children under the age of 10.
- Tours meet at the desk just inside the east doors of the Capitol on the 1st floor.
- Tours run just under an hour in length.
- Tours are free of charge. No tips are accepted.
- Capitol docents are volunteers and the tour schedule may be subject to change based on availability.
- Tours are available on Wednesday evenings at 6:00pm and 7:00pm by reservation only.
- All tours are required to schedule by filling out our tour form or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that walk-throughs of our event spaces are given by the Events & Scheduling staff, who can be reached at 801-410-0011.
Accessibility: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations during the tour can notify their tour guide and staff can ensure these accommodations. The Visitor Services office also has two wheelchairs that are available for use. For questions or access to the wheelchairs, please call 801-538-1800.
Pioneering Women Tour
Learn about the pioneering women, historic and modern, who are depicted in the artwork and exhibits throughout the State Capitol building. This tour is currently offered to groups of 10 or more people by reservation only. To make a reservation or to learn more, please contact Visitor Services at email@example.com or 801-538-1800.
The Visitors Center provides self-guided tour brochures which are located at the desk just inside the East doors of the Capitol on the 1st floor. If you are visiting with children and have fewer than 15 people in your group, please feel free to download the scavenger hunt activity.
Children from all over Utah have visited the Gold Room, observed the Legislative Session, and gazed up at the magnificent murals surrounding the seagull-clad dome of the Rotunda. To learn more about providing this experience for your students, particularly during legislative session, please download our Letter to Educators.
Using the Lunch Area
We also invite you to use our student dining area, located next to the Hall of Governors on the first floor. To use this space, please make a reservation in advance.