The Visitor Services Center will not offer docent led tours December 10, 2018 through January 2, 2019. Please enjoy a self-guided tour during normal business hours; brochures are available at the desk located by the east doors of the Capitol.
To schedule a guided tour, please fill out the form below. Our office will confirm your tour within two business days.
- Tours begin on the hour from 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday–Friday, with the exception of state holidays.
- Groups of under 10 people are welcome to drop in without a reservation, though the schedule is subject to volunteer availability.
- Scheduled groups, which are often school groups, do have first priority. Please understand that if you drop in for a tour, you may have to join a group that has reserved a tour time, depending on the size of the group and volunteer availability.
- Our tour curriculum is designed for audiences 4th grade (ages 10) and older. At this time, we do not offer a guided tour for children under the age of 10.
- Tours meet at the desk just inside the east doors of the Capitol on the 1st floor.
- Tours run just under an hour in length.
- Tours are free of charge. No tips are accepted.
- Tours are also available on Wednesday evenings at 6:00pm and 7:00pm by reservation only.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations during the tour can notify their tour guide and indicate on the “Additional Requests” section of the form below so staff can ensure these accommodations. The Visitor Services office also has two wheelchairs that are available for use. For questions or access to the wheelchairs, please call 801-538-1800.
For more information about the Utah State Capitol tours, please see our Tour Information page.