To schedule a guided tour, please fill out the form below. Our office will confirm your tour within two business days.
- Tours begin on the hour from 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday – Friday, with the exception of state holidays.
- No guided tours are offered December 9, 2019 – January 3, 2020.
- Groups under 10 people are welcome to drop in without a reservation, though the schedule is subject to volunteer availability.
- Scheduled groups, which are often school groups, have first priority. Please understand that if you drop in for a tour, you may have to join a group that has reserved a tour time, depending on the size of the group and volunteer availability.
- Our tour curriculum is designed for audiences fourth grade and up (ages 10 and older). At this time, we do not offer guided tours for groups third grade and under. Children of any age are welcome to attend a tour with their families.
- Tours meet at the desk just inside the east doors of the Capitol on the first floor.
- Tours run just under an hour in length.
- Tours are free of charge. No tips are accepted.
- Tours are also available on Wednesday evenings for groups of 10 or larger at 6:00pm and 7:00pm by reservation only. Reservations must be made at least one week prior to tour date.
- We can tour up to 60 guests per hour.
- During the legislative session (January 27–March 12, 2020), we can take up to 120 guests during each hour. During this time 10:00, 11:00 and 12:00 tours fill up by mid-September.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations during the tour can notify their tour guide and indicate on the “Additional Requests” section of the form below so staff can ensure these accommodations. The Visitor Services office also has two wheelchairs that are available for use. For questions or access to the wheelchairs, please call 801-538-1800.
For more information about the Utah State Capitol tours, please see our Tour Information page.